Many small businesses face the challenge of having the right tools to carry out their day to day operations. It may be that some of these tools are cost prohibitive or the administrative team is unaware of some of these tools that can perform tasks quicker and easier. In this article we compiled a list of free business productivity tools that can help small businesses measure up to the big boys.
- Libre Office – A powerful alternative to Microsoft Office that includes a flowchart creator.
- Google Apps – Google provides online applications for word-processing, spreadsheets ,presentations and forms.
- Draw.io – Create vector flowcharts and diagrams online that you can download.
- Adobe Reader – The free version offers a few handy options for editing PDFs. The importance of PDFs may be obvious for some but many companies still do not utilize them.
Proof Reading and Research
- Hemingwayapp.com – A great online proof reader that scores readability and highlights potential issues in your text.
- Grammarly – The free version of this software provides spelling and grammar correction.
- Archive.org – This non-profit site is a library of millions of books, journals, music and so on.
- Wave – wave provides an online accounting platform that can handle invoicing, estimates, receipts and some basic reporting functionalities.
- Inkscape.org – “Inkscape is professional quality vector graphics software which runs on Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux. It is used by design professionals and hobbyists worldwide, for creating a wide variety of graphics such as illustrations, icons, logos, diagrams, maps and web graphics.” Taken straight from their website its functionality is self-explanatory.
- FreeCad – A powerful AutoCAD alternative.
- ClickUp.com – An online project management platform that provides a multitude of project management tools and features.
- Teamviewer – The non commercial licence of this application allows you to control computers and mobile devices remotely. You can also host meetings, share your screen with colleagues as well as send and receive files; you can check out the full list of features here. It’s a great tool managing your device remotely or setting up conference calls with your peers.
We hope this article provided you with some valuable resources for productivity tools to ease your administrative workflow on a budget.